CSS Questions

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  brian 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

brian
    Participant

Hi, I’m trying to get some custom CSS. I think the code is right, but it’s not being activated for some reason.

In any lightbox photos (here’s a link to a page with photos), I’m trying to move the text underneath the photo down 7px, and I want to change the color of the text to black.

I put this code into the custom CSS box in Genesis.

#cboxTitle {
    color: #dddddd;
    margin-bottom: -7px;
    }

This code works in FireBug, but does not work when I put it in the Custom CSS box.

SoZo

What is your URL?

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

brian
    Participant

Oh, sorry about that! I forgot to link. Here it is: http://bwhli.com/konig-meyer-ipad-stand-holder-review/

SoZo

I’m not seeing that rule in your style sheet. And you will probably need to increase the height of #cboxContent

brian
    Participant

This is a screenshot of my Custom CSS box: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7668642/Screen%20Shot%202013-01-16%20at%205.06.55%20PM.png

The code is in there, but it doesn’t seem to be doing anything. Again, putting the code into FireBug changes the layout to what I want. When I copy and paste into the CSS box, it doesn’t seem to work. Do you think I should change the code in the parent theme. Is it an issue with minifying CSS?

SoZo

You have .cboxTitle instead of #cboxTitle. And I would use #content #cboxTitle tom make it more specific than the plugin’s rule

brian
    Participant

Just changed it to #content #cboxTitle, but it still doesn’t seem to be doing anything. Hm. I’m stumped. Weird thing is it works in FireBug.

SoZo

Actually it’s outside the content div so remove #content

brian
    Participant

Still not working. The changed code isn’t even showing up in Firebug. Do you think it’s a bug?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.