Custom Blog Page Help

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Custom Blog Page Help

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jtdatawork 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

jtdatawork
    Participant

I’m using the Corporate theme.

I have a custom blog page set up and would like it to show the featured image thumbnail and also the blog sidebar (already set up in simple sidebars).  Though I’ve added a featured image to the first post, and also noted the sidebar on the blog template page and also the blog category, neither show up on my custom page. What do I need to do to make this happen?

BTW I’m not a php expert, so if I need to add code to the blog template page, please be gentle with me. ;)

http://www.denisemazzola.com/blog-page/

Judy

JT Dataworks Web design and SEO

buddy_boy8403
    Participant

Can you post the code of your current custom page?

jtdatawork
    Participant

Sure…and thanks

<?php
    /**
    * Template Name: Blog
    * This file handles blog post listings within a page.
    */

add_action(‘genesis_loop’, ‘genesis_standard_loop’, 8);

genesis();

buddy_boy8403
    Participant

Follow the tutorial at this link to help you get the information on the page that you need:

http://gregrickaby.com/2011/03/how-to-create-a-page-template-in-genesis.html

If after following these steps and adding in the additional hooks you still have questions, report back and we can help more.

jtdatawork
    Participant

Thanks for  helping me. :) Unfortunately that tutorial was not doing what I was trying to do.

Turns out I just needed to turn on the featured images to make them appear.

The sidebar is a problem though. Turing it on messes up the whole layout. After over a week of trying different solutions, I’ve pretty much figured out that, with the sidebar invoked, the background image, and dynamically generated content simply don’t display the way I need them to display. There is no hook that allows placement of the image where needed. Think I’ll try a sticky post or other solution.

Thanks again.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.