Custom Breadcrumb Text

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Custom Breadcrumb Text

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  pejota 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

pejota
    Participant

Hi guys!

I wanted to be able to use custom fields to determine the breadcrumb anchor text.

Currently Genesis uses pages titles. I just wanted to use a code snippet in the child functions file (or a plugin) that establishes that if I have a custom field for my breadcrumb, then it will use that text. Otherwise it will use the page title.

I saw some snippets here: http://my.studiopress.com/snippets/breadcrumbs/ but they don’t seem to do the trick.
    How can I do this?

I have an idea of how PHP works, but I’m far from being able to program something like this myself.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,
    PJ

Gary Jones

That sounds like a great candidate for a plugin. I’ll try and get something knocked up this afternoon / over the weekend. I’ll let you know you when it’s done.

Changes in Genesis 2.1 – the ultimate guide to every single change in Genesis Framework 2.1 and 2.1.1 (all 88 of them!) | @GaryJ

Gary Jones

Give https://github.com/GaryJones/genesis-single-breadcrumbs a go.

Changes in Genesis 2.1 – the ultimate guide to every single change in Genesis Framework 2.1 and 2.1.1 (all 88 of them!) | @GaryJ

pejota
    Participant

Hi Gary,

First of all, thank you very much for this. Yeah, it’s a great idea for a plugin. I’m sure more people will need it :)

It didn’t work for me though. I’m using the wordpress 3.6.1 and using the multisite option – could this be the issue?

I see the panel in my pages/posts but when I try to change the title or disable the breadcrumbs nothing happens. Any ideas?

Cheers,
    Pedro

Gary Jones

Hit me up on Skype and we can take a look.

pejota
    Participant

Just added you. Thanks!

pejota
    Participant

Plugin works perfectly! Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Custom Breadcrumb Text’ is closed to new replies.