Custom breadcrumbs

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Custom breadcrumbs

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  stevenrr 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

graemeblake
    Participant

I was wondering if there’s a way to make custom breadcrumbs. I don’t want to display the entire hierachy, because one level exists only for internal page categorization purposes.

I’m basically like the following structure:

Page containing all tests –> Individual Test Page –> Individual Question Page

1. Is this possible with breadcrumb customization?
    2. Is it possible to do so without much technical knowledge? I can do basic code, but nothing fancy.

http://lsathacks.com/lsat-explanations

AC
    Blocked

Did you resolve your your issue? If not Nick has a plugin called Genesis Simple Breadcrumbs – http://wordpress.org/plugins/genesis-simple-breadcrumbs/. Try this and see if it helps you. Sometimes responses take longer when we tried to find a solution for you.

graemeblake
    Participant

No, that didn’t do it. It still displayed the full page title, whereas I want to be able to customize them.

That’s probably a job for some php programming, so I’ll shelve this until I learn that skillset. The site navigation is already pretty good without breadcrumbs.

braddalton
    Participant

I wrote a post about this last week however its really a guide showing you what can be modified. Maybe it will help.

thoughtwell
    Participant

Brad, can you post a link of your article? I went to your blog, but it’s so awesomely laden w/ articles that I had trouble finding this guide. BTW, your site has some great reading to it. I just subscribed!

Thx!

braddalton
    Participant

stevenrr

Thanks Brad, This is the easiest way of customizing the breadcrumbs.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.