Custom Callback for Comments in the Functions.php File

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Custom Callback for Comments in the Functions.php File

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cdils 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

WoodlandCoyote
    Participant

I’m using the eleven40 theme and am trying to relocate the comment meta. By default, it’s parked directly under the comment author’s name. But I would like to place it under the entire comment instead.

I know I can create a custom callback for comments by placing some code in my functions.php file. But the only way I see to do that requires inserting some brief code in the comments.php file, too.

Is there a way to do this without having to touch that file? It seems that Genesis has layered comments.php within the framework, which means I can’t create a child file.

Could someone please chime in and set me straight on how to accomplish this?

Thank you.

cdils
    Participant

Hi,
    You definitely don’t need to modify comments.php.

Here’s a reference of code snippets that should hold the magic key: http://my.studiopress.com/snippets/post-info/#customize

Cheers,
    Carrie

Have you been helped in this forum? Pay it forward and answer someone else’s question. I bet you’ll know the answer to at least one question. :)

I host a weekly Genesis-focused podcast called Genesis Office Hours. I tweet @cdils.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.