Custom Child Theme Upload Fail

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Custom Child Theme Upload Fail

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nrwilliams 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

nrwilliams

I created a custom theme from the genesis sample theme and downloaded it from my server and zipped the file. I then tried to upload it on another wordpress install as a theme template and I got the following error: “WordPress failure notice – are you sure you want to do this?” However, when I upload the file straight to the themes folder it works perfectly and I can activate it.

http://www.xptheme.xpgraphics.org

Anita
    Participant

Check your zip file to make sure the contents were set up properly.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

nrwilliams

Below is the main folder listings when you unzip. Is there anything I need or am missing?

- class-tgm-plugin-activation.php
    - contact-template.php
    - fonts (folder)
    - fullwidth-template.php
    - functions.php
    - homepage-fullwidth-template.php
    - homepage-sidebar-template.php
    - images (folder)
    - js (folder)
    - plugins (folder)
    - README.md
    - screenshot.png
    - shortcodes (folder)
    - sidebar-contact.php
    - sidebar-left-template.php
    - sidebar-right-template.php
    - style.css
    - xml (folder)

Thanks

Anita
    Participant

Not sure why you are getting that message. But if it works by manually installing it via FTP, then it’s fine.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

nrwilliams

Correct, but the only thing is I want people to be able to purchase it and go to the appearance > Themes > install theme and upload it there as a zip. Any ideas why that error typically happens?

Anita
    Participant

I’ve never had that happen to me with any of the Genesis Child Themes – Free or otherwise, so maybe review your files, info at the top of your CSS files, functions. I can’t say. You have a unique set of files there plus you’ve included a plugins folder, etc.

nrwilliams

Okay thanks so much for the help/ideas.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.