custom CSS with Genesis… child theme?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks custom CSS with Genesis… child theme?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anita 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

webkat
    Participant

I just want to change a few simple things in the CSS of Genesis, like the link color. How do I create a child theme that looks exactly like Genesis?

When working with other themes I’ve just created a basic style sheet that references the parent theme. It looks exactly as the parent theme, with just a few modifications. I’ve tried this and several other things with Genesis and the child theme is nearly blank. What in the heck am I doing wrong?

Anita
    Participant

Do you mean looks exactly like the Genesis Framework? If so, you can download the Sample Child Theme in your my.studiopress.com account.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

webkat
    Participant

Ugh! I was using the older version of the Sample Child Theme and it looked nothing like the new Genesis! LOL

Thank you, Anita. Your comment make me take a closer look.

Kathy

Anita
    Participant

You’re welcome!

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.