Custom Fields in the Post are not displaying when entered

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Custom Fields in the Post are not displaying when entered

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  vesna 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

vesna
    Participant

I created a Custom Field for my Post and published it, but when I view that Post, the custom field is not showing up.
    I was told that Custom Fields do not output automatically and I need to use some custom code to make that happen. What does this mean? What custom code and where how do I put it?

Thank you.

Susan

Hi, Vesna – it’s been a while since you posted this – did you get a solution, or are you still looking for an answer?

If you’re still looking for assistance, can you please include a link to your site, and let us know what you’ve added to the custom field.

Have you read this tutorial? http://designsbynickthegeek.com/tutorials/how-i-make-custom-fields-easier

Susan @ Graphically Designing I’d love to customize your website! I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

powerbookguy
    Participant

Vesna,

Your WordPress site uses a “template” to display a post. It’s a matter of dropping a small piece of code into that template that tells it where the custom field should be inserted. It’s a fairly quick process but can be a little confusing if you’re not a web developer. Let me know if you need help.

Aaron

vesna
    Participant

Thank you all, I will read the tutorial, good information.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.