Custom logo on Minimum

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Custom logo on Minimum

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Doak Heggeness 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

kduffey
    Participant

When uploading a header, it tells you to upload a 1140×100 header image. When I do this on Minimum, it pushes the header right custom menu widget down and puts way too much space in the header. When i do this on Executive theme, it works correctly.

Why doesn’t this work on Minimum? It feels like Minimum has some shortcuts in the dev that I haven’t seen on previous Studiopress themes. I’m a bit disappointed in some of the things under the covers, because the look of it is fantastic.

Here’s the URL: http://orchilles.29doors-clients.com/

Doak Heggeness
    Participant

You have full width header image, so it is pushing the header widget down. You could try and us z-indexor the positioning css selectors. The proper way to use a logo in lieu of the Site Title & Description is here

You also have first uncomment-out or delete the the following in your functions.php file if it exists.

/** Add support for custom header */
    add_theme_support( 'genesis-custom-header', array(
    	'width' => 1140,
    	'height' => 100
    ) );

Please us a third party app so you can ‘undo’ if there are errors.

Doak Heggeness, WordPress Development | Website

kduffey
    Participant

Why does it work in Executive theme and not Minimum? It’s basically the same thing.

Doak Heggeness
    Participant

I have no idea, but all themes are slightly different. The method I gave you should work on all genesis themes. This is the beauty of Genesis, learn the proper way and you can reuse code.

kduffey
    Participant

That isn’t working for me.

It’s disappointing that uploading a simple logo image doesn’t work with this theme just like it does on every other Studiopress theme I’ve used. How is that possible? It’s a simple feature.

Is there really no way to add an image logo to the left hand side while keeping the custom menu widget on the right without hacking the code?

Doak Heggeness
    Participant

I have not done this with the Minimum theme. I have on several other StudioPress themes and see no reason why it should not work here. When I get a minute I am going to add an image logo to this theme and see what happens.

Doak Heggeness
    Participant

kduffey,

I just inserted a logo in five minutes. Of course, I had dMinimum Logoone it before

Doak Heggeness
    Participant

Minimum Logo

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.