Custom Menu Widget in Footer

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Custom Menu Widget in Footer

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ramseyp 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

babaLucas
    Participant

I know, I know…I’m not using a StudioPress child theme…but it’s still a Genesis question…

I want to use the Custom Menu Widget in the Footer, but it’s not treating submenu items like it does in the header. Specifically they don’t dropdown and remain hidden until mouseover.

Any quick code to apply header css to the footer?

• This topic was modified 10 months ago by  babaLucas.
    • This topic was modified 10 months ago by  babaLucas.
    http://dev.babalucas.com/bowerslaw

ramseyp
    Participant

Hi there,

It’s not really a good idea to use the same CSS, simply because you’re displaying the menu in a different manner. The header menu CSS is set for a menu with all the top-level items displayed in a single row, with submenus appearing below. You’re looking at, in the footer, displaying the top-level items in a stack. This means 2 things for the submenu items:

1) Don’t show them. In your footer, just show the top level pages. ( I recommend this for its simplicity. )

2) Find some CSS to display your submenu items to the side.

Why I advise number 1: You already have the main menu at the top of the page, no need to fully duplicate it. People can swipe or scroll easily back to the top. In your footer, you just want to make sure you give people the chance to hit those real important top-level pages again.

Cheers!

Pat

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.