Custom Page Without Footer Widgets

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Custom Page Without Footer Widgets

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  geezer466 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

geezer466
    Participant

Am looking to create a series of custom pages (around 4 or 5) with header and navigation but without the footer widgets. These will be specific landing pages.

I want to be able to place the sidebar(s) as I currently can within the available template.

I have a had a play round this morning with entering some code into themes-functions via the advice given via this site

http://wayneskard.com/how-to-create-landing-pages/

But the result is removing the header and navigation (I can see the hooks for that in the code) but not the footer widgets which is robustly still in place. Am not sure if the hooks in this bit of code refer to the footer text or the widgets.

Clearly this is confusing me. I am using metro theme.

Is there an easier way to achieve what I am looking to do? Perhaps by way of referencing the page id number and a remove action via simple hooks?

If so I would be grateful if someone could provide the code and where I should put it.

braddalton
    Participant

There’s several ways to remove the footer and or footer widgets on specific pages.

You could easily copy the landing page template and create your own custom page template.

You can then remove the actions for removing the nav menu etc so only the footer and/or footer widgets are removed.

Here’s the new page template i created and tested for you for use in the Metro child theme. Can also be used with other child themes and easily modified.

Code not displaying? Grab it on Github.

WordPress Developer & Consultant
    Brad Dalton400+ StudioPress Tutorials & 1200+ Code snippets

geezer466
    Participant

Thanks once again Brad. Just the ticket……

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Custom Page Without Footer Widgets’ is closed to new replies.