Custom Post Type Archives

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Custom Post Type Archives

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  kfleeger 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I have created a custom post type with archives for my podcasts.

On the podcast archive I would like to show the whole podcast content (not an excerpt or content limit), BUT I would still like for my blog post archive, as well as my search archives, author pages, etc. to show only the content limit.

When I change the archive settings under Genesis > Theme settings it effects all of the archive pages. Has anyone found a way to exclude a custom post type from following these settings?

Hi kfleeger,

Have you looked at Sridar’s tutorial site? There’s loads of good stuff on there and this one looks like it might solve your problem?

I did look at that site, yes, and thanks for the link. The archive template in his example though, still uses excerpts. So the instructions work, and I can make a custom archive template page, but I still can’t get the result that I want.

I also found this which would be ideal (I’d rather do it in my functions.php file instead of having to make a new archive template) but it doesn’t seem to do anything.

And I looked at this which should also work, but I can’t seem to get it to do anything either.

If I manage to a get a combination to work though, I’ll be sure to post it.

We found a fix! Add this to your functions.php file. Replace the word “podcast” with your custom post type.

//make full podcast content
    function cd_show_full_content() {

if( ‘podcast’ == get_post_type() )
    return ‘full';
    function cd_no_content_limit() {
    if( ‘podcast’ == get_post_type() )
    return ‘0’;

add_filter( ‘genesis_pre_get_option_content_archive’, ‘cd_show_full_content’ );
    add_filter( ‘genesis_pre_get_option_content_archive_limit’, ‘cd_no_content_limit’ );

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.