Custom Post Type Template: CSS behaving weird

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Custom Post Type Template: CSS behaving weird

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  luba lee 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

luba lee
    Participant

Hello all,

I’m really stuck on a CSS problem, and it seems I can’t find the right solution. I’m using the latest Genesis. I made a child theme (some time ago) with the Sample Child Theme 1.8 Style.

I made a custom post type, for trips, and now I’m trying to style the custom template for the single-trip. I have never done this before. I have the new custom fields in the back end and I try to style them to display the way I want on the front, but something weird is happening.

As I’m no expert, I started adding background color to the <div> so I can see clearly where they are. I coded my template, but the divs render weirdly, depending on what I do. The color does “overflow” the div, or it disappears at all. I don’t know how to explain it.

EDIT: I changed the background-color (that didn’t display) to border, just to be able to see “where things are”. Something is interfering with the code, and I have no idea how to fix it.

I want to style my template like this: preview template

Right now, it almost looks like what I want, but if you see the code, something very bad is hiding. It doen’t consider the divs I made as a whole (no background-color), it doesn’t display the paragraph I put (just experimenting), and you can see there are lots of div of 256px x 256px that I don’t know much where they come from…

Please, help me! What am I doing wrong? It interferes with something I don’t control…

I would really appreciate your help. I know it may sound ridiculous but I’ve spent the whole week with this… and still got no idea. I’ve tried coding a table, different divs,… but always strange things happen. I’m exhausted. Please, if only you could point me where I can get help. Thank you.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  luba lee.
    http://lubalee.net/botiga/viajes/bhutan/

luba lee
    Participant

EDIT: I changed the background-color (that didn’t display) to border, just to be able to see “where things are”. Something is interfering with the code, and I have no idea how to fix it.

I would really appreciate your help. I know it may sound ridiculous but I’ve spent the whole week with this… and still got no idea. I’ve tried coding a table, different divs,… but always strange things happen. I’m exhausted. Please, if only you could point me where I can get help. Thank you.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.