Custom Quiz

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cehwitham 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

mcnutty
    Participant

I just migrated to genesis and am trying to create a custom quiz. The quiz currently lives on a non-genesis wordpress site

http://bunkblog.new/quiz

I am trying to integrate the quiz into genesis but am having problems.

On my current site, I simply made a file called page.quiz.php and then customized the file as such:

<?php
    $et_ptemplate_settings = array();

custom_php

?>

quiz_html

<?php get_footer(); ?>

I have tried a variety of things and have searched extensively throughout this site and other for help; however, I am still getting used to genesis and haven’t yet found a resource that has met my needs.

Should I make functions and call them from functions.php?
    Should I use a php plugin?

• This topic was modified 12 months ago by  mcnutty. Reason: I didn't like the way it looked
    • This topic was modified 12 months ago by  mcnutty. Reason: I didn't like the way it looked
    http://www.armatisinc.com/test-4/

cehwitham
    Participant

What are you using to generate the quiz? Your own code or a third party system / plugin?

The gravity forms plugin is very good at creating quizes in WordPress with an easy to use drag and drop interface.

If it’s your own code, write the functions into the functions.php file of your theme then hook them into the correct place or create a shortcode to output them on the correct page.

It may be easier depending on your coding ability to turn your quiz code into a WordPress plugin so it’s not dependant on the current theme.

Let me know if you need further pointers.

Chris

Twitter: cehwitham Web: cehwitham.com

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.