Custom site help – header, nav & footer all on left side

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Custom site help – header, nav & footer all on left side

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mieche66 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

mieche66

Hi all,

I’m new to StudioPress and Genesis, but very excited to be working with such a great framework.

For my first project, I am working on a site that has the header, navigation and footer all on the the left side of the page…not unlike Sixteen Nine theme. Is there an easy way to set that up?

I’ve been trying to keep the default header, nav and footer for SEO purposes, but is it better to just put the nav and footer in a left sidebar? I know that’s probably the easier route, but I’d like to build this correctly.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

nutsandbolts
    Keymaster

Sixteen Nine uses hooks to relocate those elements – it may be worth downloading the theme to see how it’s set up.

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

mieche66

Thanks Andrea,

I was hoping to find the solution either on the forum or in a tutorial and avoid the additional purchase of the theme, but if I don’t find the answer soon that is my next step. =)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.