Customize Excerpt On Genesis Responsive Slider

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Customize Excerpt On Genesis Responsive Slider

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ratsnacks 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

bloggingsetup
    Participant

I would like to be able to customize the excerpt shown on my Genesis Responsive Slider. How should I go about this?

I currently set my Genesis Responsive Slider to show 200 characters and it pulls the first 200 characters on my blog post. I would like to be able to customize the 200 characters.

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you!

Sridhar Katakam
    Participant

Use manual excerpts.

Edit your Posts for which you would like to customize the excerpt and enter in your desired text to appear on the corresponding slides in Excerpt meta box. You might have to tick Excerpt from the ‘Screen Options’ pulldown menu to make the meta box visible.

ratsnacks
    Participant

I have a related question. I already use manual excerpts for short sentences beneath my homepage featured post images. I would like longer excerpts for the same posts that are part of the slider sequence. Is there a way to hack a “second excerpt” choice to solve this?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.