Customize Featured Page Widget

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Customize Featured Page Widget

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mbeck 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

mbeck
    Participant

Is there a way to utilize the Featured Page Widget, but specify the text and graphic it displays? I know I could drop a Text Widget in the space, but I like the button the Featured Page creates.

Alternatively, is there a way to use a Text widget and include that same style of button?

I need to solve this issue before activating the theme…

Ozzy
    Participant

you can use a text widget and create the button by using some html inside of the text widget, like:

Read More

mbeck
    Participant

Hi Ozzy, Your post didn’t have any HTML coding in it and/or the link didn’t take me anywhere. Would you mind re-posting?

ndiego

Hello mbeck, this is a bit of a shameless plug, but I just launched a plugin that I believe does what you are looking for. I have used the default Genesis – Featured Page widget quite a bit myself, but sometimes it is nice to specify your own custom image and custom content. More information on my plugin, Genesis Featured Page Advanced is available here http://wordpress.org/plugins/genesis-featured-page-advanced/. I hope this helps…

- Nick

mbeck
    Participant

Thanks, Nick. Looks like a useful plugin!
    My question pertained to getting that nice button into a text widget, but I figured it out already.
    I’ve downloaded your plugin to check it out.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.