Customize "Return to Top" snippet produces server error

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Customize "Return to Top" snippet produces server error

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  robgolbeck 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

robgolbeck
    Participant

Hi,

I’m trying to customize the “Return to Top” text in the footer of a client’s site, however when I paste the code snippet it produces a server error.

I tried typing it out manually thinking maybe it copied and pasted some incorrect characters or something but it still produced the error. Also, in the snippet where it says ‘[footer_backtotop text="Return to Top"]‘ I think it might be missing an underscore (should it be footer_backtotop_text?), but adding the underscore didn’t work either.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Susan

I know this doesn’t specifically answer the question about the code snippet, but have your tried using the Simple Edits plugin? I can add/change parts of most of my PHP code, but for some reasons, footer snippets always through me off, so I’ve given up fighting the code, and just installed the plugin.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

robgolbeck
    Participant

Yes, I’ve used the plugin on another site. I think that might be my best option.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.