Customizing eNews and Updates widget on Focus theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Customizing eNews and Updates widget on Focus theme

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  SoZo 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

mikswee
    Participant

Hello there,

Can anyone tell me how difficult it would be to customize the Genesis “eNews and Updates” widget I’m using in my Focus theme? The widget collects email addresses for people wishing to subscribe to my RSS feed. I really like how the widget is styled, it fits the rest of the site design nicely.

However, I would like the widget to be a simple signup form instead for my e-newsletter, and I’d like it to collect a visitor’s name + email address in two separate fields. I know nothing about PHP and wondered if this is possible, while keeping the widget styling the same?

Thank you, Mike

SoZo

It would be easier to style your form than it would be to change how the widget functions. Use Firebug and you can determine all the style rules being applied.

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

mikswee
    Participant

Looks like another poster had just the right solution for me! I had not heard of this plugin, but I think it will work great.

http://www.studiopress.com/forums/topic/enews-extended-widget-mailchimp-integration/

Thanks SoZo.

SoZo

You’re welcome :)

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Customizing eNews and Updates widget on Focus theme’ is closed to new replies.