Customizing Genesis Sample Theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Customizing Genesis Sample Theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  seanaske 9 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

seanaske
    Participant

I wanted to find out if anyone has any resources or links to show me how to move a customized child theme back into my hosted account.

I had someone make some changes to the Genesis sample theme to make it look like I wanted it to and they sent me back the CSS and Images, along with the .html files. I don’t know where to insert these files in my wp-content directory. Maybe some of them are suppose to go into my Admin or even wp-includes but this is new territory for me.

Is there anyone that can help or is this even possible.

Thank you in advance.

AC
    Blocked

Well you have html files also. It’s pretty hard to just tell you seeing how if there are urls referenced in the CSS, we’d need to know what file folders the images go into – files structure.

seanaske
    Participant

I appreciate the quick response. I know that I don’t know enough about what I have to get this done without reading up some more.
    I have the html files for:
    home, about, services, prices

For CSS I have:
    Home.css
    icon-font
    sharing
    simple-social-icons
    style
    styles
    stylesheet

images specifically to each page listed in the html above

Does any of this help? I was wondering if I could create each page in my wordpress admin then insert the HTML. My guess is that the look and feel won’t be the same without the stylesheet or other CSS files.

AC
    Blocked

It’s really difficult to assess this in a forum such as this. Without having a true visualization of the files and your particular theme, theme workings, etc., it’s like working in the blind. Is there any reason why you cannot ask the person who developed the files for you? If you’d like fee-for-service technical support for this, I can be reached on my website.

seanaske
    Participant

Thanks Anita,

I will be reaching out to you about uploading the files I have to my hosted account.

Is there anyone else out there that does customization that I can talk to as well?

AC
    Blocked

Leave this here or send out a Tweet. I just booked up my schedule for the next few days so I’m not available at the moment.

seanaske
    Participant

Thanks Anita, I was just going to send you a message and see if you could quote me a price to complete this.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.