Customizing Header in Genesis Sample

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Customizing Header in Genesis Sample

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  sid0087 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Tom88
    Participant

Hi All,

I am using Genesis Framework Version 2.0.1, and Genesis Sample Version: 2.0.1. Running within WordPress 3.8,

I need to customize my header to include a image to the left of the .title-area. Image Size = 124px X 152px PNG. I have placed the url for the image in style.css, but the image is underneath the site title. How can I make the image to the left of the site tile and description.

Thank you,
    Tom

braddalton
    Participant

Tom88
    Participant

Thank you Brad

Worked Perfect.

kantlitz

Hi, I am interested in having an image span the entire breadth of my header/fill the entire header. Is there a way of doing this with having title overlaid on the image?

braddalton
    Participant

Try this:
    [css]
    .site-header {
    background-image: url(images/sh-bg.png);
    }
    [/css]

Upload the image to your child themes images folder

sid0087

Hi Brad,

I’ve just been able to add a custom .png image file (960 * 100 pixels) as a header on my website with the same theme. However i’m clueless about how to adjust the rest. It would be greatly appreciated you’re able to guide me with how to adjust the spacing and orientation of the header.

Thanks!
    Sid
    http://www.thinkworthy.in

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.