Customizing Homepage in Genesis/Education

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Customizing Homepage in Genesis/Education

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nfaraguna 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

nfaraguna
    Participant

Hello, I have some experience with developing self-hosted wordpress sites but am not a trained programmer. My site is http://www.conservationadvocate.net – I am trying to accomplish two things:

1) stop posts from automatically showing on homepage (i’ve temporarily stopped them by using the widget WP Hide Post but that is not a proper solution)

2) I’d like to use the genesis featured grid to display 1-3 posts in the “featured” block but am having problems with setting column width (ideally, I’d like my right menu column to be aligned with these posts (all in one column)

Any help is very much appreciated!

Nicole

http://conservationadvocate.net

nfaraguna
    Participant

ok figured out #2 – I just edited the home.php file to adjust column width of posts appearing on homepage…still need help with #1 – thanks in advance!

vanhovland
    Participant

Hi,

I found out how to get post from not showing up on the homepage in the ‘Getting Started’ info when I downloaded the Education theme (it is way at the bottom under ‘extras’)

Extras

To remove the posts from the bottom of the home page, edit home.php and add this line of code before the last line like so:

remove_action( ‘genesis_loop’, ‘genesis_do_loop’ );

genesis();

To remove the sidebar as well, add this line in the same area.

remove_action( ‘genesis_after_content’, ‘genesis_get_sidebar’ );

In your style.css file, add this:
    .home #content {
    display: none;
    }

I have a question about adding a logo that is larger than what the theme currently allows, do you know how to do that?

nfaraguna
    Participant

That didn’t seem to work for me – not sure why.

What about this:

/** Add custom header support */
    add_theme_support( ‘genesis-custom-header’, array( ‘width’ => 960, ‘height’ => 100, ‘textcolor’ => ’444′, ‘admin_header_callback’ => ‘minimum_admin_style’ ) );

nfaraguna
    Participant
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.