Customizing the home page for Eleven40 theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Customizing the home page for Eleven40 theme

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  anitac 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

afinevo
    Participant

Hello everyone. I’m currently using the eleven40 theme with the sidebar, content, sidebar template. I would like the homepage to be content, sidebar only while the rest of the theme remains the same. I’ve searched here for the solution but I couldn’t find an answer. I have another question regarding the Page Title widget but I will leave that for another post.

Can someone tell me how this is done?

Thanks in advance!

http://allgaragefloors.com

anitac
    Participant

Well, I know there is this function for “forcing” the home page layout. Try adding this to your functions.php file.

[php]add_filter(‘genesis_pre_get_option_site_layout’, ‘custom_home_layout’);
    function custom_home_layout($opt) {
    if ( is_home() )
    $opt = ‘content-sidebar’;
    return $opt;
    }[/php]

Now… with all the new 2.0 stuff, I can’t say for sure if this will work, but it used to.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

afinevo
    Participant

Thank you Anitac. I tried it on my test site which has the latest 2.0 updates and it worked like a charm.

anitac
    Participant

Oh, great. Glad it worked!

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Customizing the home page for Eleven40 theme’ is closed to new replies.