Custum type post with mutiple images

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Custum type post with mutiple images

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cdils 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

ellegaarddk
    Participant

I want to make a custom type post that includes some text, one big picture and three small pictures.

To make it easy (fool proof) for the users, I’d like to have a RTF-field for the text, and four separate custom fields for the images. I need the pictures to be in specifik sizes, but I guess I can use the add-image-size to be sure, that I have the image in the right size.

I have two problems (that I know of):

How do I create a custom type that includes images in custom fields, either as picked from media og uploaded?
    How do I show these posts in a special layout in the Genesis Framework?

I’m using a custom made child theme.

Morten Ellegaard Larsen – Designer and solution finder, MRC Computer A/S | Noerresundby, Denmark

“I ain’t no expert, I just know more…”

cdils
    Participant

Hi there,

How do I create a custom type that includes images in custom fields, either as picked from media og uploaded?

When you create a custom post type, you don’t need to do anything special to accommodate the custom fields. You can add those after the fact. Bill Erickson and company wrote this code for custom mextaboxes that will allow you to add your custom fields in a nice metabox for your custom post type. It’ll present a nice layout on the post editor side.

How do I show these posts in a special layout in the Genesis Framework?

I’m assuming you mean how do you create a custom page template to show your post type and your custom fields? This post might be a good starting point. You can also do a Google search for “Genesis custom page template” and find some other great tutorials.

See if that gets you pointed in the right direction and feel free to post follow-up questions. :)

Cheers,

Carrie

Have you been helped in this forum? Pay it forward and answer someone else’s question. I bet you’ll know the answer to at least one question. :)

I host a weekly Genesis-focused podcast called Genesis Office Hours. I tweet @cdils.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.