"Date/Time" showing in search results

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks "Date/Time" showing in search results

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  JamesDunn 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

JamesDunn
    Participant

Goodday everyone.

I’m using a custom date/time icon for blog posts on a client’s website, but in the search function, the date shows up for any results returned that come from the testimonials widget. If you visit this page, it will be obvious: http://www.janisallen.com/?s=leadership – there’s a date/time icon in the upper left corner of the website. No other searches give that result (that I’ve seen so far) because their keywords don’t return items from the testimonials widget. I suspect that any results from the blog would also have the dates as well.

So basically, I need to NOT show the date/time in search results but still have it show in the normal blog pages. I’ve searched for several hours to find a way to exclude the date/time in searches and I’ve had no luck finding a solution.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

James Dunn
    Athens, GA USA

http://www.janisallen.com/?s=leadership

wpspeak
    Participant

Hi JamesDunn,

This should be easy. The search result page has a class of .search

So you could use something like this

.search .post-info .time {
    display: none;
    }

JamesDunn
    Participant

Thanks so much @Wpspeak.

I was looking far, far too deep to locate that. Thanks so much for finding it and letting me know what class I was not seeing.

That completely fixed the issue while maintaining the date on the blog listings.

Thanks for the help and have a great weekend.

James Dunn
    Athens, GA USA

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.