Decor Header background height change

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Decor Header background height change

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  anitac 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

skstudio
    Participant

Hi, I am creating a taller header background image to 240px than the default header size of 140px.  I also want change the default black background that is behind the header from it’s default size to 260 as  well.

I changed the functions.php file to 240px:  add_theme_support( ‘genesis-custom-header’, array( ‘width’ => 1140, ‘height’ => 240 ) );

Here is the site:  http://lovemorsels.marketingoutloud.biz/

Where can I find the code for the blackground so I can change the height?

Thanks much!!

anitac
    Participant

Look in the Style.css file for:

#header {
    height: 220px;
    margin: 0 auto;
    width: 1140px;
    }

Change the height there as well.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

anitac
    Participant

Oh and the black is actually an image found in this code:

#wrap {
    background: url(“images/bg-header.jpg”) repeat-x scroll center top transparent;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
    }

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

skstudio
    Participant

That helps.  I want to make the black background image with more height (from 140 to 2xx).  But because the bottom part of the image a scallop shape, I am not sure how lengthen it (give it more height) except to modify it in paint or photoshop, etc.

anitac
    Participant

I love Paint. That might be your best bet.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.