Decor HomePage

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Decor HomePage

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Joseph Lee 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Joseph Lee
    Participant

The homepage on Decor is static. There is no page in the admin area. I can’t set it to sidebar-content-sidebar. I can’t use simple sidebar to make a sidebar specific to the home page. How do I do these things?

SoZo

Please include a link to your site with all questions so that people can see what is going on.

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

Joseph Lee
    Participant

SoZo

I’m not seeing a static front page currently. I am seeing your most recent post. Is that not what you are seeing?

To set the front page to a particular layout you need to make that your default or add a force layout function to functions.php. And see this tutorial to replace the primary sidebar.

Joseph Lee
    Participant

SoZo, THANKS!!! I have been trying to figure out how to force a layout in a template! I asked you that question earlier and you didn’t give me this link, shame on you! haha, I am so much happier now with Genesis.

SoZo

Searching google will return a lot of resources on Genesis, such as the snippets I just provided ;)

Joseph Lee
    Participant

That is easy for you. You can look at the source and know if it is credible. Earlier I had two sources that cited two different ways of doing something. I needed help to figure out which way to do what I wanted to do.

I get what you mean though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.