Default Featured Image Not Working

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Default Featured Image Not Working

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  DavidF 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

AngelaEloise
    Participant

I am using the Metro Theme and have set up my homepage using widgets (following the demo). I have enabled default featured image settings, which are supposed to use a default image to display a featured image whenever I haven’t specified one in a post. But it is not working for the homepage or the archives.

Here is my site: http://shortenoughskirt.com

Weirdly, it does seem to be working in the “Related Posts” plugin I’m using, although not all of the time.

The reason this is an issue for me is that I’ve imported a lot of posts from an old blog. It will take me a long time to manually update every previous post to include a featured image. In the mean time, I was hoping to use this default featured image to keep the layout looking uniform.

Anyone know how to fix this?

http://shortenoughskirt.com

DavidF
    Participant

Hi Angela,

Do you have the featured image set in Genesis settings?

Do you see the option to set the featured image in each post?

David

AngelaEloise
    Participant

Hi David

Yes to both of your questions. It’s the Genesis default featured image that isn’t working and I was hoping to avoid editing 500+ posts to set individual featured images manually.

Any suggestions?

Angela

DavidF
    Participant

Hi Angela,

If it works doing it manually then I guess that is the only way. It’s hard to understand without seeing the admin side of things.

There’s probably an sql query that could be run to set all the images as featured. If you can records a screencast (Jing) showing that issue that would help.

Dave

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.