Deleted photos showing up in Prose theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Deleted photos showing up in Prose theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

joan
    Participant

I continue to have problems with photos in the Prose theme.

I deleted some photos from this post before I published it.   http://www.thechickenmama.com/2013/04/07/the-relatives-came/  The photos do not show up in the post.

HOWEVER, one of the deleted photos shows up as the thumbnail/featured image on the blog’s home page.  I have no idea how to make this go away.

I also have an unresolved problem with additional, unwanted large photos showing up in the content archives on both the home page and the category pages.

I NEVER select a photo for the featured image on a post.  If I do, then duplicate photos show up in ALL the content archives.

Any suggestions for a fix?

braddalton
    Participant

Go into your uploads folder and delete them.

WordPress generates at least 4 copies of every image you upload according to the size you set in the Media settings plus the original size.

You might want to download your uploads folder to your desktop to make this easier.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.