[Delicious] Remove "Home featured" slider

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks [Delicious] Remove "Home featured" slider

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Boblebad 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Boblebad
    Participant

It’s regarding the slider in “Home Featured”, i don’t need it and want it removed – is the correct way just to remove or out-comment the code in “home.php”, and of course remove or out-comment style to, and if actions are involved, remove them as well from “functions.php” ??

And one other question is regarding the way to get the thin fine line you see under “Home middle right”, i want that to appear under all links, but over the featured picture from the post/page (Home middle left and all home bottom) – i’m not sure exactly where to “slide it in” to get the title/link over it, and the post/page content under it ??

Btw, the primary menu is removed via the admin menu ..

http://www.fredidalen.dk

All the best
    Carsten

sahdow
    Participant

Remove from home.php and first widget from functions.php

You need to adjust alignment of your post image, try adding a top-margin to your .attachment-thumbnail class

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  sahdow.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  sahdow.

Boblebad
    Participant

Hi sahdow

Regarding the slider, that is what i have done, i just wanted to be sure that it was the right way to do it :)

The other thing does not work, or half way it does, it works on the post/home middle right, but when adding h4 to the title, the image moves back up just under the line, and when it comes to bottom/page links, it does not work, there is a div around that does not move along, but trying to move that, moves the picture even further down ..

So a new class or ??

sahdow
    Participant

I pretty much always use the same themes, so not positive on this one but..

Try adding bottom margin or clear to #home h4 or #home “widget class” h4

widget class where widget is the name of the home left (varies from theme to theme)

Boblebad
    Participant

Thanks again for your answer

It is too tricky, and i stumbled upon some background-color and some rounded corners, and that actually looks much better :)

Did get the thin line though, by putting it in the top of the home-bottom boxes ..

Boblebad
    Participant

Just trying to add Tag’s

EDIT: Or can this not be don afterwards ??

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  Boblebad.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  Boblebad.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.