[Delicious] weird Home-Bottom boxes topmargin ??

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks [Delicious] weird Home-Bottom boxes topmargin ??

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Boblebad 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Boblebad
    Participant

Hi

I’m trying to tweak the Delicious theme in a way that fits my project, and are having problems with something that looks like a margin or padding issue, but when using Firebug, i does not show up as either one ??

I want the padding to be the same on all four sides, but i can’t get the top to fit-in, what’s giving the extra 15px at the top ??

http://www.fredidalen.dk

SoZo

That is coming from the top margin being applied to the h2 heading. Browsers apply their own defaults unless you declare a rule to override them. E.g. in Chrome a margin of .83 em is applied.

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

Boblebad
    Participant

Thanks for your answer SoZo

So what you’re saying is that i need to take control of h2 to get rid of the space above the title text ??

Is there a site where all these differences to be aware of, from browser to browser, is listed ??

Boblebad
    Participant

And also, what if i want to change the h2 to h4, can’t seam to figure out where to do this ??

And only for the Home-Bottom boxes, i can see that the h2 i used all over the site, so a class for the bottom boxes is needed or ??

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  Boblebad.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  Boblebad.

SoZo

You can’t change the heading tags. You can add a rule to target those particular h2 tags however.

Boblebad
    Participant

And how do i do that the correct way ??

SoZo

Do you mean how do you add a new style rule? If so you need to read up on CSS specificity.

Boblebad
    Participant

I’m not that much into CSS yet, and are not sure where exactly to do this, everything i do to the Home-Bottom section, have an effect on the background instead of the title ..

SoZo

Are you using h2 in your selector, i.e. .home-bottom h2

Boblebad
    Participant

Not if it isn’t default, i think i tried something like it, but it didn’t turn out as expected ..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.