design question – searching for a nicer way to display links

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks design question – searching for a nicer way to display links

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Elaine Griffin 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Elaine Griffin
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve been around and around trying to think of a nice way to display a lot of links on a page. I’m working on a site where the client really only offers links to other sites, and he has them in columns now, based on category. I can make this look decent, but I would like to do something outside of the box. I was thinking maybe I could create div’s of horizontal color blocks where he can put the links in columns within, if that makes sense.

Does anyone else have any suggestions on how to make this look nice rather than boring?

Thanks!

Elaine

cdils
    Participant

Hmmm. Challenging one!

Can you break it up with some graphic elements / large icons? My thought would be to utilize a lot of white space in between each section of links to create less visual clutter and make it feel less overwhelming.

Other idea might be to look at various news websites or Chamber websites that are link heavy and see if they have any good design tactics you can draw on. :)

Cheers,
    Carrie

Have you been helped in this forum? Pay it forward and answer someone else’s question. I bet you’ll know the answer to at least one question. :)

I tweet @cdils.

Elaine Griffin
    Participant

That’s a good idea, Carrie, thank you. I like the look of the CNN site. I hope that the client agrees to that kind of a set-up. Set-height boxes with the top links and then links to sub-pages.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.