Design tip – Metro image captions

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Design tip – Metro image captions

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  wittycassiehere 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

paulc
    Participant

Setting up the Metro theme on a test site, I ran into a problem with image captions. If I used a caption on a large image inserted into a post, the image was not resized and was just inserted at the full image size and cut off as it ran out of the content area. No caption, no problem, it resized as it should.

Change this:

img.alignnone  {
    display: inline;
    margin-bottom: 12px;
    margin-bottom: 0.75rem;
    }

To this:

img.alignnone,
    .wp-caption.alignnone {
    display: inline;
    margin-bottom: 12px;
    margin-bottom: 0.75rem;
    }

Problem solved. Then style the captions appropriately, I thought the style was too big and bold, but that’s personal choice.

Anita
    Participant

Thank you for sharing. I had this same problem and would just re-load the image and add the caption that way. But this is much better.

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me!

wittycassiehere
    Participant

Thanks so much! I hadn’t run into that problem yet, but I know it would’ve been frustrating at some point.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.