Designer's Rookie Attempt with Modern Portfolio

Community Forums Forums Showcase and Feedback Designer's Rookie Attempt with Modern Portfolio

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ellen 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Ellen
    Participant

I am new to WP and Studiopress. I started looking around the forums and experimenting a couple of months ago. I just completed an overhaul of my design portfolio site — ellenize.com — using the Modern Portfolio theme. I changed the navigation a bit, because I didn’t want the scrolling homepage. The homepage features link to pages on the site. I also experimented with web fonts and customizing the colors, thumbnail sizes, etc. It’s a visually minimal site, but I wanted to keep things clean and simple.

I know it’s not much in terms of customizing, but it’s my first attempt. (Actually my first WP site was paullawrencesova.com, built on the Landscape theme. I didn’t customize much. Just had to fast-track it for a tight deadline.)

I’d love feedback and suggestions. I’m excited to be part of the Studiopress community, even if I’m a total rookie!

http://ellenize.com

anitac
    Participant

Hi Ellen, you did a great job. Love you logo – CUTE! One suggestion – you might want to darken the navigation links, the footer font and the links on your testimonial. When I reduce the browser window and view on my Android, they get even lighter and I can barely read the text.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

SusanT
    Participant

Ellen, I’m fairly new to designing websites and Studiopress – and I love it. Welcome. Excellent job on your site. Love it!

Ellen
    Participant

Thanks to you both for the input! I changed the color in the areas you mentioned, anitac. I hope the bars on the homepage using that beige color for a background aren’t too hard to read, because I don’t want to change those.

Thanks again for the encouragement!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.