Diect edit CSS file of genesis framework sample theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Diect edit CSS file of genesis framework sample theme

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

lucaslem
    Participant

Hi I’m building a site using the genesis sample theme as child theme. I’ve downloaded the sample content as a starting point. Couldn’t find best practice regarding css and functions file: can I edit them directly, or should I save my customizations in separate files?

braddalton
    Participant

I put the CSS modifications at the end of the child themes style.css file before the Mobile Queries.

The custom functions i put at the end of the child themes functions.php file.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

lucaslem
    Participant

Great thanks Brad!

lucaslem
    Participant

One question though specific to the way Genesis child themes work: if that child theme css file is never going to be overwritten (nor will it be importing content from other framework files), why would one not simply make edits directly rather than adding styles to the end of the sheet in order to override styles from above?

braddalton
    Participant

You can do it that way but then it would take time to find your modifications.

lucaslem
    Participant

Yeah that does make sense.

swstudio

I am somewhat of a beginner using Genesis and this thread looks the closest I’ve seen to my problem.

I can’t get my child.css to work. I put t he CSS at the bottom of the stylesheet (after trying several other means). I’m just trying a child theme with a style.css, no functions.php file which I read on WordPress.org was okay.

Can you take a look for me? http://www.office.lm-professional.com and let me know if you’ve seen this problem before? Many thanks in advance.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by  swstudio.
    • This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by  swstudio.

braddalton
    Participant

Please start a new thread and describe exactly what your problem is as it will receive more exposure and solutions. Thanks.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.