Different Colors for Each Tab

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Different Colors for Each Tab

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  UmpquaWeb 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

UmpquaWeb
    Participant

I am using the Education child theme and trying to make each tab a different color. By adding the following code, I am able to get the main tabs to be a different color:
    #menu-item-34 a {
    background-color: #931638;
    }
    But there are some drawbacks.
    1. When I hover over a tab, that tab plus the sub-tabs all turn white. Only the active tab (set by the original theme styling) has color when hovering over the main tab.
    2. I don’t want the default (green) to show for the active tab. In other words, I want the first tab to always be red, the next one to always be orange, etc. whereas now, the active tab is always green.
    3. I don’t like the embossed look of the font of the inactive tabs.
    4. Even with the active tab being green, when I hover over one of the sub menus, it all turns white so you can’t read what it says.

I used Firebug to try to figure out how to make these changes but nothing I’ve tried so far as worked, except the above code making the tabs of the main menu different colors. I’m thinking something is overruling my changes

http://umpquawebdesign.com/celeb/

UmpquaWeb
    Participant

Well, after spending all afternoon on it, I did locate the code to make most of the changes. But I decided to work with it instead of against it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.