Different Layout on Posts and Pages

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Different Layout on Posts and Pages

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Summer 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

csbeck
    Participant

The standard layout on my site (built from the Agency theme) is full-width. This BLOG page is set to show the primary sidebar on the right. I’d like the posts to show the primary sidebar as well while maintaining the default layout to be full-width. I’m sure it’s possible and would appreciate any assistance.

Is it also possible to show a sidebar (possibly different than the primary sidebar) depending on what category the post is in?

Thanks so much for your help!
    Chris

http://esi.beckerstudio.com

Summer
    Participant

Go to edit your post, and see if the “Layout Settings” panel is there. If not, click on “Screen Options” at the top right, and click the checkbox to enable it.

That will allow you to select your layout on a post by post basis.

As for different sidebars for different categories, there are two ways that I frequently use: either create custom templates for each category with a different sidebar in use, or use the default sidebars and the plugin Dynamic Widgets to choose which ones appear in which locations.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.