Difficulty with Header in Lifestyle Theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Difficulty with Header in Lifestyle Theme

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  stevecthom 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

chantal2012
    Participant

I have a custom header that is 960 pixels by 300 pixels.  I put the code in my style.css file as such:

#header {
     background-image: url(“http://auntieshauntie.com/wp-content/themes/lifestyle/images/header.png“) no-repeat top left;
    width:960px;
    height:300px;

}

That didn’t work…then I read that I had to change the measurements in functions.php file which I did:

/** Add support for custom header */
    add_theme_support( ‘genesis-custom-header’, array( ‘width’ => 960, ‘height’ => 300 ) );

Still didn’t work….so then I created a custom.css file and added the same css code for the header as above.  Still didn’t work….then I uploaded the custom header through Appearance->Header, and then it worked.  Is this the only way to change the header.  Can’t it just be done through CSS?  When I was trying it with Firebug, it would show up but then when I added the code in style.css or custom.css, it would disappear….any reason for this?  Am I missing something?

Sridhar Katakam
    Participant

I did the following and it worked fine for me.

Replaced header.png in child theme’s images directory with yours.

Then added the following at the end of child theme’s style.css (WP dashboard -> Appearance -> Editor):

#header {
    width: 960px;
    height: 300px;
    }

chantal2012
    Participant

I’ve got it working…I had uploaded my header.png file to my image folder but it wasn’t working with css code until I actually went into Appearance->Header and uploaded again…I just find it was acting weird.

stevecthom
    Participant

I just returned to using Lifestyle theme after a couple of years. It might just be me, but it seems to suck! There aren’t half the controls it used to have. I’m trying to increase the size of my header image, but it seems to stop it at 150pxl. I changed the CSS height to 250 and the header space changed, but it still will only let me have a picture of 150pxls. How do I change it and where did all the controls go?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.