Disable admin bar – wp 3.8 / genesis 2+ / html5

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Disable admin bar – wp 3.8 / genesis 2+ / html5

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Gary Jones 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

jhguynn
    Participant

In the past I’ve used a plugin to disable the admin bar: http://fabapps.com/2012/01/clean-admin-bar-removal/

Curious if there is a better way to do this than using a plugin, especially in the following environments: wp 3.8 / genesis 2+ / html5

Thanks for the help.

anitac
    Participant

Are you using this for because you have multiple authors or users of the website?

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

Gary Jones

The admin bar is nothing to do with Genesis (obviously), so a plugin that does the job is best. You can disable it for individuals via the User Profile page.

Question is: why would you want to disable the admin bar? It provides convenient access for logged in users.

Changes in Genesis 2.1 – the ultimate guide to every single change in Genesis Framework 2.1 and 2.1.1 (all 88 of them!) | @GaryJ

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.