Disable Minimum 2.0 mobile responsive

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Disable Minimum 2.0 mobile responsive

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Patrick2.0 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Patrick2.0
    Participant

Hello. I was wondering if someone could tell me how to disable mobile responsive on the minimum theme. I use code on my website that does not adjust to the responsive design and it looks really bad. I love the theme but I don’t want it to be mobile responsive.

Susan

I’m copying this directly from another thread:

It can be done, but before you do anything, I’d recommend reading up on responsive design to make sure you really want to disable it. There are a LOT of good reasons why responsive design is the way of the future.This is a great article totally independent of all Copyblogger services

http://dallasbass.com/5-reasons-why-…tely-worth-it/

If you are sure you wish to disable responsive design, delete the responsive section from the style.css file. This is near the bottom and labeled responsive. Most of the code will be indented so it should be very easy to identify. You also need to remove the viewport meta from the functions.php file. It will resemble this code

PHP Code:
    /** Add Viewport meta tag for mobile browsers */
    add_action( ‘genesis_meta’, ‘child_add_viewport_meta_tag’ );
    function child_add_viewport_meta_tag() {
    echo ‘<meta name=”viewport” content=”width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0″/>’;
    }

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Patrick2.0
    Participant

Thank you Susan. I agree that responsive design is definitely a great thing to have, however I have some code on my site which prevents certain elements from resizing. My website looks great on an iPad for example, however when I look at it on my iPhone there certain pieces that don’t scale down.

Instead of eliminating my responsive design do you know if there is a way to limit its responsiveness?

Is it possible to tell the responsive design to not scale down smaller then the screen of an ipad so that I can retain the websites look and feel and not have my website look bad on smaller devices?

I can’t modify my custom code to scale down with my website, but if I can tell the responsive design not to scale down to a screen smaller than an iPad that would probably work as well and allow my to keep my theme responsive.

Thanks again!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.