Disabling iPad Responsiveness in Lifestyle Pro

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Disabling iPad Responsiveness in Lifestyle Pro

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tom 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

samantha.

Hi. I have some background in HTML and CSS, but new to working with WordPress and Genesis. I’ve searched the forums and Google looking for help with this and wasn’t able to figure this out.

I’m using the Lifestyle Pro theme, and looking to disable the mobile responsiveness for iPad and other similarly sized tablets. I’ve tried removing the media queries for it, but this just removes the text wrap (for all screen sizes, including phones). The only way I can disable it completely is to remove add_theme_support( 'genesis-responsive-viewport' ) But I’d like to keep responsiveness for smaller screens like phones.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

http://www.skinnyvegan.net

Tom
    Participant

Hi Samantha,

Lifestyle Pro has three media queries built-in, at 1139, 1023 and 767 pixels. You’ve removed these, which are usually used to adapt to tablets, so half of the job is done.

(curious: Is there a reason to not provide a responsive display for tablets? but include one for phones?)

It looks like you’ve added this code inline to add something back for phones, but with only 1 rule.

<style type="text/css"> 
    			@media only screen 
    			and (min-device-width : 320px) 
    			and (max-device-width : 480px) {
    				.slide-excerpt { display: none !important; }
    			}			 
    		</style> 

To improve on this I would suggest that you keep the CSS to the stylesheet (not inline) and resurrect the media query code for 767px but adapt it only for a smaller screen size (ie. phones). You’ll have to add some changes that are lost from the cascading styles that would have come from the 1139 and 1023 media queries, but it’s a start.

Choose your next site design from over 350 Genesis themes.
    Updates via GenesisThemes.ca | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.