Display large featured image – Beautiful Theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Display large featured image – Beautiful Theme

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  AC 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

blogelina
    Participant

Hello! I’d love to be able to display my first post image as 1024 instead of the thumbnail size. Is there a way to do this with the Beautiful theme? I installed the Genesis Grid plugin but it doesn’t seem to be working with that first image.

Thanks so much!

http://blogelina.com

AC
    Blocked

Look for the “//* Add new image sizes” in your functions file. Add a new size there.

blogelina
    Participant

Thanks so much! Unfortunately, my theme doesn’t have that line at all. I tried adding the following but it’s not doing anything:

//* Add new image sizes
    add_image_size( ‘feature’, 1024, 1024, true );

AC
    Blocked

So are you trying to use the front page as it came when you purchased it, or now trying to use it with the grid in place? If you are trying to use it with the front page, then you’d need to go to Genesis > Theme Settings and look for Content Archives. Select “Show Featured Image” and select that new size.

blogelina
    Participant

Even when I deactivate the Grid plugin, it still doesn’t change the image size, even though I have it set to 1024 in the Theme Options.

AC
    Blocked

Download, activate and run the Regenerate Thumbnails plugin.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.