Display menu title in breadcrumbs

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Display menu title in breadcrumbs

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mocca 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

mocca

Hi!

I want the breadcrumbs not to display the page title but the menu title of a page. How can I achieve this?

Thanks!

mocca

Theme: Enterprise Pro

zomidaily

Hi @mocca

Not very sure of your question. But have you try this plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/breadcrumb-navxt/ It is one of the most popular plugin for breadcrumb.

Cheers!
    Joseph

mocca

Thanks for your answer. No, that’s not the correct plugin. I try to describe my question more precisely:

The breadcrumb plugin displays by default the title of a page. That’s the text between the h1-Tag:

<h1 class="entry-title">Page Title</h1>

But I don’t want the page title to be displayed in the breadcrumb menu but the menu item title of a page. They could be different. Here an example: title of the menu item = “about” and page title = “about me an my services”.

By default the breadcrumb navigation would display “about me and my services”. But I want it to display the “about” which is the text between the li.menu-item tag:

<ul id="menu-primary-navigation" class="menu genesis-nav-menu menu-primary responsive-menu">
    <li class="menu-item ..."><a href="">title of the menu item</a></li>
    </ul>

mocca

I installed the Genesis Simple Breadcrumbs Plugin. But it doesn’t offer this option.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.