display problem

Community Forums Forums General Discussion display problem

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  anitac 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Emilio
    Participant

I am using the Scribble theme. I’ve added the regular WP search box to my sidebar. If I’m logged into the dashboard, the search box displays with no problem. As soon as I log out, the search box no longer displays in IE10. What the hey?

http://www.EmilioCorsetti.com

anitac
    Participant

Where do you have it place? What area because I am using Firefox and I don’t see it.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

Emilio
    Participant

The search box is the first item in the primary sidebar. As I said, If I am logged into the dashboard and I view any page, the search box appears where it’s supposed to be. As soon as I log out – no search box.

Emilio

anitac
    Participant

Hi Emilio, after reviewing your site in IE, Firefox and Chrome – it seems the Search Box doesn’t show up on the Home Page only. If you go to any other page on your site – the Search Box appears. I installed the theme myself on my host and I don’t have this problem. I also reviewed the functions.php and the home.php files and cannot see where this would be turned off only on the home page. I think you should put in a ticket with Support on this issue. When you submit the ticket, make sure you tell them we posted on here and provide the link to this forum discussion.

In addition to the Jetpack plugin, what other plugins have you installed? You might want to deactivate them one at a time and check to see if the problem still exists. It possibly could be a plugin conflict.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

Emilio
    Participant

After giving this problem some thought, it donned on me that what might be happening is that the pages being displayed were cached pages that were cached before I put the search box in the side bar. So I deleted the cache and that fixed the problem.

Emilio

anitac
    Participant

Glad you were able to figure that out.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.