Display slide show in a page article

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Display slide show in a page article

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  John 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

einstein
    Participant
    Hi, I need to display an image slideshow in a post. Does anyone have any idea how can I do this please? Thank You!

John
    Participant

einstein,

Are you wanting an image slider like what is on many home pages these days? Or a way to present a gallery of images as a slideshow? Maybe if you posted a link to an example of what you’re looking to do…

John

John Sundberg | blackhillswebworks.com
    A WordPress developer’s toolbox: Firebug | WordPress Codex | Google ;)

einstein
    Participant

Hi John, I am trying to re-create this website: http://www.margaretrivertours.com in wordpress, as you can see, there is an image gallery thee but my template which I am using does not have a wodget space in this position, so I need to insert a gallery in there some other way. Thank You!

John
    Participant

Thanks for the example. If it were me doing this, I’d probably use WooSlider from WooThemes, and insert the slider/slideshow with a shortcode in the content area of that page.

Another option would be a plugin like Widgets on Pages that lets you insert widgets on posts or pages, and then you can use a slideshow plugin that you already have available. I haven’t tried Widgets on Pages myself, but it seems to have an active community right now, and the plugin author is still actively supporting it, both of which are good signs.

John Sundberg | blackhillswebworks.com
    A WordPress developer’s toolbox: Firebug | WordPress Codex | Google ;)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.