Display taxonomy – hide the word "category"

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Display taxonomy – hide the word "category"

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Robin 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

ischbins
    Participant

Hi all,
    I am using the Genesis “Simple Hooks” plugin and edited in the genesis_after_post_content Hook the following shortcode:

[post_terms sep=", " before="Ausstattung: ", taxonomy="ausstattung"]

So far it works fine. All my taxonomies from “ausstattung” are shown under my posts.

Now coming to my question: I don’t know why, but the command before=”Ausstattung: “ doesn’t work!?!?
    Furthermore it is shown the German word “Kategorie” before the list of taxanomies!
    I have no idea where this “Kategorie” comes from!
    Does anybody know how to get rid of this “Kategorie” and how to display before=”Ausstattung: “ ?

I am using WP 3.7.1, Genesis Version:2.0.1 and Expose Child Theme 1.0.1

Would be great, if anybody could give me a hint.
    Thanks in advance & best regards!

PS: My website isn’t public (at the moment), therefore I can’t send a link.

• This topic was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by  Susan. Reason: not a forum bug or suggestion
    • This topic was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by  Susan. Reason: not a forum bug or suggestion

Robin
    Participant

I don’t know if this is the most helpful answer, but I do not believe category can easily be removed from your post slug. If you are using the Yoast WordPress SEO plugin, though, there is a setting in it to remove it for you. Bonus is that using this plugin will also rock your site’s search engine optimization!

Hope that helps–

I do the best I can with what I’ve got. (say hey on twitter)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.