Display taxonomy

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Display taxonomy

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cdils 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

cliff lightning
    Participant

Hi all,

I’m pretty new to genesis and have been having trouble displaying taxonomy. I have custom posts associated with taxonomy “journal_author” . I’m able to display the post title and content and would like to display the taxonomy below the content.

I have been able to do this using:

echo get_the_term_list( $post->ID, ‘journal_author’, ”, ‘, ‘, ”);

in regular wordpress loops using non-genesis themes. However, this returns nothing when I place it in a genesis custom loop. Nothing I’ve tried seems to be able to help me display taxonomy. I want to be able to use the hooks and filters offered by genesis so I don’t want to resort to using my own custom loop. Does genesis have a different way of handling display of taxonomy?  If anybody can help me out with this I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Cliff

cdils
    Participant

Hey Cliff,

Sounds like you’re using a custom template? There’s a post terms shortcode built-in or you can filter into a page template, too. See if this might be what you’re looking for? http://code.garyjones.co.uk/post-taxonomy-terms-shortcode

If I pointed you in a wrong direction, let me know and I’ll try to get you in the right one!

Cheers,

Carrie

Have you been helped in this forum? Pay it forward and answer someone else’s question. I bet you’ll know the answer to at least one question. :)

I host a weekly Genesis-focused podcast called Genesis Office Hours. I tweet @cdils.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.