DISQUS plugin conflicting with Genesis framework

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks DISQUS plugin conflicting with Genesis framework

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  snakeair 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

vahost
    Participant

I migrated my custom-coded site over to WordPress with Genesis framework. However, my DISQUS comment system doesn’t work on new posts.

So I went to my test site and stripped it down to just the DISQUS plugin and my theme, but DISQUS still doesn’t load with the page.

Next, I tried changing the theme to Twenty Thirteen, and DISQUS appeared in the post page’s code. Progress!

Next, I tried changing the theme to the Genesis framework parent theme, and DISQUS stopped appearing in the page’s code!!! Say what???

I have not altered the parent theme files at all. I only modify the child theme (using CobaltApps Dynamik). Is there a bug of some kind between Genesis framework and DISQUS?

Here is an example page of a new post where the DISQUS code does not appear in the post page’s code: http://test.nolanchart.com/es-censorship-policy-reflects-diminished-america

• This topic was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  Susan. Reason: This is not a forum bug or suggestion
    • This topic was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  Susan. Reason: This is not a forum bug or suggestion
    http://test.nolanchart.com/es-censorship-policy-reflects-diminished-america

vahost
    Participant

Oh, wait a minute. I just tried switching to the Twenty Fourteen theme, and now the DISQUS plugin doesn’t appear on the page. I’ll contact DISQUS about this.

snakeair
    Participant

Have you contacted studiopress support as well via. the ticket system? The staff don’t usually check on the forum often except for the volunteer moderators.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.