Do I need FeedBurner?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Do I need FeedBurner?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sammysofa 1 year ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Sammysofa
    Participant

Hello All,

I have MailChimp setup with a enter email address forms on my site and also a RSS feed button. My RSS feed is the domains standard RSS feed (example.com/feed)

My question is do I need a FeedBurner Feed also?

When is Feed Burner Ending?

Thanks so much in advance for your answer.

Sam Stella

http://tracystella.com

Robin
    Participant

This is my opinion, so it may or may not be helpful, but I would say no, you do not need FeedBurner. I think it was great for setting up easy RSS emails, but MailChimp is so much better for those. The default feed is fine–Feedburner was OK for kind of keeping track of your subscribers there, but I don’t know that the numbers were really very accurate.

My understanding is that Feedburner isn’t being killed, but no one can build applications from it anymore…it will continue to serve up the feed just fine, but I’m recommending that my clients and people I’m responsible for move away from it.

But as I said, I think that if you already have MailChimp set up for emails, and feed reader people can use the regular feed, you’re good. HTH

I do the best I can with what I’ve got. (say hey on twitter)

Sammysofa
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.