Don't Want Logo To Be Full Width

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Don't Want Logo To Be Full Width

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  AC 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

demetriusb
    Participant

I’m using the News Theme. I don’t want my logo to be full width. When I upload a new logo, the News Theme forces me to crop my logo and then displays the logo on the header full width.  How do I stop this?  I just want to display my logo on the left hand side of the header and have the logo be responsive.

Overall, there’s a major issue with all of these themes in the sense that the header image is not responsive on any of the headers.  This is something that needs to be fixed.

AC
    Blocked

You can re-set the size by edit editing your Functions.php. Go to Appearance > Editor and then click functions on the right.

Scroll down and look for this:

[php]/** Add support for custom header */
    add_theme_support( ‘genesis-custom-header’, array(
    ‘width’ => 960,
    ‘height’ => 200
    ) );[/php]

Change the width and height to your logo size. Then upload again. It should not prompt you any longer to crop the image and should place it left as you want it.

demetriusb
    Participant

The problem with this is that it still doesn’t solve the responsive logo issue.

It’s a shame that a theme like this has a header that’s not responsive.

AC
    Blocked

You can use Nick’s plugin for responsiveness – http://designsbynickthegeek.com/plugins/genesis-responsive-header. There are pros and cons to responsiveness. If you search the forums… some people hate it and want to remove it all together, whereas people like yourself what every aspect of the theme to be responsive. It’s really lose-lose situation instead of a win-win.

demetriusb
    Participant

38% of ALL website traffic is from a mobile/tablet device.  A responsive theme is a necessity anymore.

It’s a lose-lose situation if your theme is not responsive.  You will lose customers and readers to your site

if someone can’t read it on a mobile device.  I’ve had a lot of people complain about my site not being responsive.

This theme NOT working properly makes my company look amateurish.

AC
    Blocked

Well, I don’t have that problem because I use the Jetpack plugin which converts my website to a really nice mobile ready website. If they want to see the full version, they just click the link at the bottom for the full website.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.